(Issued March, 2021)
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We fully comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) and Greek Law 2624/2019 for any personal data we process.
1. Who we are
We operate this Website and are the controller and responsible for your personal data.
GASTRONOMY TOURS (or “We”) is a Romanian company under the name A&R GREEK LIFE SRL registered with National Trade Register Office Bucharest, Ministry of Justice, Romania, under number: J40/6279/2015 having its registered address at Splaiul Unirii, no 4, office 7.4, floor 7, Bucharest, Romania. Our Tax Registration / VAT number is RO34557260.
You can contact us: phone number [+40] 755 607 607 [+30] 210.60 36 009 or and at [email protected]
Please use these details to contact us for any questions, feedback and comments (including complaints).
2. The data we collect about you
The data we may collect about you are:
– Identity Data such as first name, last name, date of birth
– Contact Data such as email address, address and telephone number
– Financial Data such as payment card details
-Technical Data such as IP address, browser type, operating system and other technology on the devices you use
– Marketing and Communications Data such as your preferences
– Any other information you may provide us with
We do not collect the so called special categories of personal data (such as race, religious beliefs etc.) with the exception of any information concerning any special health/disability requirements you may have request us to provide you for.
Our Website is not intended for use by children and we do not ask nor collect any data relating to them unless you provide us with such data if you intend to be accompanied by your children in your visits/activities of the Producers, as their parent or legal guardian.
Concerning the use of our apps
Our apps process the personal data mentioned above in a similar way to our website. We will ask for your consent before the installation of our app. Please read carefully this policy and the type of data we may collect and make sure you agree with it before giving your consent.
In order to offer you some of our services we may ask your consent to access your location (e.g. to enable you to perform a search for Producers, visits and activities near your location and assist you via Google and Apple maps to travel to the location of your visit). You are free to decide to enable us to access your current location or not. In any case we will be still able to make a reservation for a visit for you but we may not be able to assist you with travel instructions. We will have access to your location only if you give us your consent and only when you are using our app.
Please feel free to contact us for any questions about our app at [email protected]
3. How is your personal data collected
By providing your data
In order to complete your reservation you will need to give your identity data and contact data. Once you give these data you will be able to:
• Manage your Reservation. The system will keep your information so that you don’t need to re – enter it the next time you book with us
• Manage your personal information
• If you wish, subscribe to our Newsletter so as to receive our magazine and follow our updates
• View your Reservation and send it to your friends and family
• View your Reservation history
To finalise your Reservation you will also be asked to give your payment details. We do not hold any financial data nor are we involved in any way with the payment process.
By automated technologies
As you use our website and apps we may automatically collect technical data and/or personal data. We collect such data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
4. Why we collect and How we use your personal data
Personal data you provide us with will be used only when the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use them for the purposes of:
– processing your reservations for any contract(s) between you and the Producers, facilitating and completing such contract(s) for services you have selected (e.g. to handle reservations, issue receipts)
– attending to your requests
– communication to you of information about our services including sending commercial communications by e-mail or by any other equivalent electronic communication means, if you have given us your consent. You can withdraw your consent in respect of receiving such communications by clicking on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of any e-mail you might have received (in case you have not initially refused such use) or by contacting us at any time.
– improving our services and website in order to keep it updated and relevant.
– compliance with our legal obligation and our mutual interest to keep network security.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for another purpose, we will notify you before such use and will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
5. Disclosure of your personal data
– We have to disclose the information that you have provided to us to the Producers in order to complete your reservation. Depending on the Producer, this may include your name, contact details, names of persons visiting with you, any preferences or other info you specified. If the required data is not provided, we will not be able to finalise your reservation.
– We also need to disclose certain data of yours to third parties we use as service providers (e.g. booking administrator provider, payment process provider, banks)
Booking administration services for Gastronomy Tours, including booking and supplier information management, are provided by kleesto, a hopwave PC service, and are subject to the kleesto Services Agreement (“kleesto Services Agreement”).
Payment processing services for Gastronomy Tours, including the processing and storing of credit card data, are provided by Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”) and are subject to the Stripe Services Agreement (“Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to these terms and continuing to operate as a customer of a paid Gastronomy Tours service, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time.
All third parties we use for the provision of our services are contractually obligated for the confidentiality and protection of your data and will use it in accordance with the law. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with the law. By providing information in this website or otherwise to us you expressly authorise us to disclose and process your information as described above in order to enable us provide our services to you.
We do not disclose your information to any other third parties unless required by law, by court or any governmental body.
Sharing your personal data with our network of Producers involves transferring your data to the countries of the Producers (currently in Greece) but not outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
6. Data Security
We strive to ensure your personal data is secure. We take appropriate technical and operational security measures to prevent unauthorised use or access to your personal data, destruction, accidental loss or damage. Our employees, agents, contractors will only have access or process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it or to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
8. Your Rights
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data under General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national data protection laws:
a) Right to request access to your personal data: You have a right to be informed if and how we process your personal data
b) Right to request rectification of your personal data: You can inform us of any changes to your personal data or ask us to correct any of them
c) Right to request erasure of your personal data: You can ask us to erase any data initially collected by us which that are not necessary anymore or if you wish to withdraw your consent and there is not any other legal basis for process.
d) Right to object to processing of your personal data:
e) Right to request restriction of processing of your personal data: if you contest the accuracy of your data or the legality of the processing, you can ask for its restriction
f) Right to data portability: You have a right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us
g) Right to withdraw your consent at any time where your consent is the legal basis for the processing of your data
All the above rights are subject to applicable law.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact us at [email protected]
h) Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.dpa.gr in Greece), if after exercising your rights before the data controller, you are not satisfied. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns and assist you before filing the complaint so please contact us in the first instance.
9. Third – party links
10. Updates and changes to this policy
Should you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please send an e-mail to [email protected]