Press here to see all the awards.
Enjoy a Unique Tasting Experience at Alexakis Winery
Alexakis Winery is a family business. It was founded by Stelios Alexakis, Chemical Engineer -Oenologist, and Sofia Alexaki in the 1970s.
Alexakis Winery is the largest private winery in Crete. The winery has been collaborating for decades with all the vine-growers of the island, maintaining long-term relationships with them, while being fully aware of all the peculiarities of the Cretan Vineyard.
This knowledge enables us to choose vineyards with a special character for each different variety that we vinify. Based on the quality of the raw material, our work starts in the field.
Tour and tasting of four wines accompanied by a meal of cold Cretan dishes
The tour includes:
• A guided tour of the winery’s production facilities.
• A guided tour through a vineyard of the white grape variety Malvasia Aromatica covering an area of half a hectare.
• A video presentation produced by “Wines of Crete” regarding Cretan vineyards and their wineries. The presentation is held in one of the two wine tasting halls with a capacity of 30 or 50 persons in the following languages: Greek, English, French, German, Russian, or Chinese.
• A wine tasting-session (during the video projection) of four wines: Alexakis Kariki red, from Mandilari and Kotsifali grape varieties; Alexakis Kariki white, from Assyrtiko and Athiri grape varieties; Alexakis Vidiano, from the Vidiano grape variety; Alexakis red from Kotsifali and Syrah grape varieties.
• A tasting-session of the following Cretan products:
• Meligyris honey (a mixture of pine, thyme, and sage honey), extra virgin olive oil of the 2015 harvest (organic and conventional) accompanied by traditional paximadi, Cretan anthotiro, and organic salt.
• A meal of cold Cretan dishes.