Konstas olive oil mill is a family business operating since 1970, located in Kalivia, in the Attica municipality, 30 kilometers from Athens, 30 kilometers from the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, and 10 minutes from Athens’ Eleftherios Venizelos international airport.
Konstas Olive Oil company owns olive groves with several different varieties of olives trees, cultivated with great respect for the environment, and without the use of pesticides. The olive oil production process starts with the olive harvest from early October to late December. Olives are received at the olive mill and are processed using cold press extraction to yield high nutritional value extra virgin olive oils under the brand names Protogenes and Konstas exported all over the world in various packaging as well as in luxury gift boxes.
TOUR AND TASTING
The visitor’s program includes:
• A welcoming presentation introducing the company.
• A stroll through an olive grove, a short talk on the history of the olive tree, and the varieties that thrive in the Mediterranean region. Visitors will see the oldest olive tree on the estate.
• A tour of the mill premises, where the state-of-the-art equipment will be demonstrated and the modern methods of the extraction process explained.
• Between February and September, when the oil mill is not in use, a video and slide-show of the stages of cultivation and production from the fruit to the oil is presented.
• Tasting of our olive oils.
• The presentation concludes with a small gift of a 100ml bottle of extra virgin olive oil.
SUGGESTED FOR GROUPS OVER 4 PERSONS