A Day tour full of history, beautiful scenery, and charismatic 3rd generation winemakers. Enjoy a day trip in the Athenian countryside and taste award-winning wines from the oldest vineyard in Europe, producing nonstop quality wines for the last 3,000 years. Athens is the 2nd European capital with such proximity to wineries.
- The most popular wine variety planted is the ‘Savatiano’, with old vines 60+ years old.
- Varieties that we will taste include: Savatiano, Roditis, ‘retsina’, Assyrtiko, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Distance: 50 mins drive
- Booking: 48 hours in advance
- 9.00 am Meet your tour host and the private car/minivan at the hotel and start the tour.
- Approx. travel to the Attica Mesogeia wine region time is 40 minutes.
- 10.00 am Arrival at the 1st winery. Tour of the facilities and wine tasting.
- 12 noon Continue to a selected taverna for lunch.
- 13.30 Arrive at the 2nd winery. Visit the vineyards, and taste their wines.
- 14.30pm Start journey back to Athens city center.
- Drop off at your hotel.
*Cancellation 48 hours before tour -full refund.