Karoubalis company is a family-owned business, located in Madena, 15km west of Kalamata, in Messinia prefecture, active in the production and standardization of olives and olive oil since 1960.
Adhering to EU standards and having the requisite certification, the company produces high-quality products of the Koroneiki olive variety, such as agoureleo, a natural olive oil from unripe olives of green color, Kalamata PDO olive oil, and organic products, labeled under the brand AENAON and ORISON.
TOUR AND TASTING
Visitors will visit the olive groves, and they can join us during harvest season (November- December) to experience the olive harvest.
During the rest of the year, they will be informed about the history of the olive tree and the olive harvest process through a photographic and slide show, and will have a tasting session while savoring traditional dishes.
The tour includes:
• Welcoming event with fruit juice and Greek shortbreads with olive oil
• Presentation on the history of the olive over time, of olive harvesting and of the production process
• Presentation of the nutritional importance of olive oil for the human organism and the ways the oil is used
• Brief historical review of our business and presentation of our products
• Visit to the production area and explanation of the process
• Tasting and explanation of the olive oil
• A snack of traditional products (dakos, pasto, salad, feta, wine or ouzo, water)
• Product purchases
SUGGESTED FOR GROUPS OVER 4 PERSONS